+ What do we offer?
- Full-Service Interior Design
- Whole or Partial Renovation Design
- Condominium Renovation Design
- New Build Interior Design<
- Kitchen & Bath Design
- Corporate Offices and Workspaces
- Cafés, Retail, and Pop-up Shops
- Power and Lighting Planning
- Built-to-order Custom Cabinetry
- Furniture and Accessories
- Space Planning
- Floor Coverings and Rugs
- Window Coverings<
- Window Treatments
- Decorative Lighting Fixtures
- Decorative Plumbing Fixtures
- Accessable Design
- Sustainable Design
+ How long does it take?
Every project and client are different, so it is impossible to determine how long the design or construction will take. Typcial timelines for each of our phases are below:
- Phase 1: Discovery - Typcially 2 weeks to 1 month
- Phase 2: Conceptual Design - Typcially 6 weeks to 8 weeks
- Phase 3: Design Execution - Typically 4 weeks to 8 weeks
- Phase 4: Project Administration - Depends on the Contractors schedule
For projects that are Whole or Partial Renovations and up, the typical timeline from the start of design work to the last paint brush is about 1 year.
+ How will we work together?
We run a pretty efficent design process and we stick to it. It took years to develop to the state it is today. During the design process, we will have face-to-face design meetings in addition to communication in our Client Portal.
Here are a few things we learned along the way in the last 8 years:
- Text messaging does not work for our design process. It distracts us from the work infront of us.
- Sometimes a quick phone call solves all concerns. We give you access to book them whenever you need and to suit your schedule.
- If it is not in the Client Portal, it does not exist.
- Design is not easy, but the process and our relationship can be!
+ Do you work oustide of Metro Vancouver?
Usually we recommend using our sister company, Articulated Design Studio, for remote projects but there are situations where full-service is needed. If that's your project, then there is a remote rate that starts at $2,500 depending on your location and scope. We include our meals, travel, and accomodation. If this is of interest to you, please contact us for a seperate quotation.
+ How much does it cost?
Once again, every project and client are different but all of our services are billed as a flat design fee. Corey will met with you during the Project Consultation to discuss your design needs and requirements. In about a week, he will met with you again to present the Proposal for Design & Consultation Services where we itemize your Scope of Design, Working Budget, Menu of Services, and Design Work Schedule.
Here are some examples of square foot costs:
- $15 to $20 per square foot - Renovation Design, Luxury Kitchens & Bath Design, Commercial Design
- $10 to $15 per square foot - Luxury Interior Styling, Moderate Kitchen & Bath Design
- $8 to $10 per square foot - Moderate Interior Styling
We always recommend allowing 10% to 20% for all the creative services in addition to the project budget.
+ Why do you need full payment for each phase up-front?
There are a variety of reasons for this policy but we preferr to keep billing and bookkeeping as simple as possible. As a small business, the more time we can save, the more compeditive we can be. Hourly billing done bi-monthly does not work for us because only increases the administrative hours in the project.
+ How do you handle cabinetry?
All cabinetry design and purchasing goes through us.
You purchase cabinetry, functional accessories, decorative hardware, and anything else attached to the casework from us. If you would like to add-on counters, we can accomodate you easily. Although we do not always provide cabinet installation, your purchase price includes order management, factory quality inspections, delivery, receiving, on-site inspection, and the neccesary amounts of installation site visits to ensure a quality completion.
Over the past 8 years, we have found that when a different supplier (whom we are not familiar with) implements the cabinetry, there are mistakes and errors or extreme cost-cutting measures that do not fufill the design we worked on together.
+ How do you handle furniture and accessory product purchasing?
All purchases go through us.
When you purchase furniture, window coverings and accessories from us, we include order management, scheduling, white-glove delivery, assembly and finished room styling. Our prices are very reasonable against other retailers that focus on only their products. Many of our products are to-the-trade only, meaning they are customized or modified and not available at retailers.
Over the last 8 years, we have found our process and we stick to it. Full-Service Interior Design is a complete solution and piece-mealing purchasing does not work because it causes errors, mistakes, and much more time wasted on ours and your parts to correct them.
+ Why doe we take payment up-front for product purchases?
There are a variety of solid business reasons for doing this, but because the vast majority of our purchases are custom or special orders, they are not refundable or returnable.
There are other benefits like:
- Reduction of paperwork
- Resulting cost savings
- We are nimble and move to finalize details more quickly
- Reduced delays in shipping and delivery timelines from receivng your payment and paying our supplier (such as in 50/50 payment terms)
+ Can we recommend Contractors for your project?
Absolutley we can recommend our preferred Contractor that we think are the best-fit for the project. From there, it will be up to you to find out if you can work with them by meeting with them directly.
There are so many added efficencies when working with our preferred list:
- We all understand (and like) each other
- We have done projects and business together before
- We communicate well together
- Decisions and issues on your project are resolved quickly, without an ego
You will be hiring the Contractor(s) independently, so it is important that all 3 of us work well together.
+ What do you need to start a design project?
- Existing plans of your space(s)
- A firm understanding of your budget
- Inspiration images of your dreams, we recommend +5 per room
- A completed Questionnaire
All our intial important questions are covered when you book your Project Discovery Call.
If you want to know more, please register and download our Start-up Checklist.
+ Can I come to your design studio?
We work from a home office in the West End of Vancouver, BC and controling our bottom line and fees starts with our enviromental outlook. We believe in sustainable business model, and, in conjunction with our unfancy economy car, we avoid printing, use tablets, and rely on digital presentation methods whenever possible.
+ Are you a registered business with insurance?
YES WE ARE! We are registered in the City of Vancouver, with federal and provincial authorities, and have errors & omissions insurance. All of our workers have WorksafeBC coverage.