The Smart Toilet by Caroma was recently explored by TreeHugger at GreenBuild Expo and I've been waiting for this one for a while. This may look odd to you, maybe even repulsive, but I have to tell you that it's kinda like the slow-cooker of the foodie world - amazing, effective, kinda cumbersome at first, but well worth the wait.
Re-using grey-water that would otherwise be sent down your DWV systems for treatment is the mother of all water savings.
Isn't saving 30,000 Gallons (113,562 Liters) of water per year worth considering the change?
- City of Vancouver Water Utility rate is $1.827 / 625 Gallons (2,365.8 Litres)
- City of Vancouver Sewage rate is $1.243 / 2,831.6 Litres
- Yearly water savings = $87.96
- Yearly sewage savings = $49.85
- Yearly total savings = $137.84
- 25 Year savings = $3446.00 & 2,839,050 Litres of water
- SPR = ~$500.00 CDN
- ROI = 85.49% (HOLY CRAP!!)
- High-efficiency dual-flush toilet (4.8/3 lpf)
- Integrated sink allows grey-water to be used for flushing instead of potable water
- Space saving design
- WaterSense approved
- Standard 12" rough-in